As school board trustees we will
advocate for the following:
- We believe a distinction must be made between the traditional "Pride flag" and the new "Progress flag". Some Blueprint for America candidates will support the traditional pride flag because it reflects a show of solidarity with people who were once persecuted for their sexual orientation. The newer "progress flag" has become symbolic of a more repressive political and ideological movement rooted in "critical race theory", "gender ideology", and "queer theory" which many Americans find increasingly questionable, including members of the LGB community. As such, these candidates will support the flying of the traditional "pride flag" only (not the "progress flag") during the month of June which is sometimes referred to as "Pride month" in America.
- Blueprint for America candidates will not support flying or otherwise displaying any of the increasingly absurd number of gender specific alternative flags as we reject gender ideology.
- March is Women's History Month in America. Time to celebrate the many amazing women in American history! Accordingly, for the month of March, some Blueprint for America candidates may advocate for the flying the traditional flag of the women's rights suffragette movement as a public show of support for women's sex based rights.
- Note: Some Blueprint for America trustee candidates may on principle oppose flying any flags beyond the national flag on America and those of the state or territory in which a given board in located based on the view that flying any other flag promotes identity politics. We will support either position.
- We will oppose attempts in any official policy documents or educational materials to redefine homosexuality as an attraction to someone of the same "gender identity" as opposed to someone of the same biological sex.
- We will respect parental rights for those who would prefer their children not be taught about any specific content in the provincial sex education curriculum. We do so based on the principle that parents should have the final say on matters related to the education of their own children.
- Seek policies which prevent the erasure of the word "woman" in all official documents and training materials.
The traditional suffragettes flag has become a symbol of women's sex based rights around the world which have been sacrificed in the name of "Gender Ideology". We will advocate to support those rights as school trustees.
We are happy to support the inclusion represented by the traditional Pride flag. An inclusion free of hostility, intimidation, and bullying.