Parents and Guardians: The following groups and individuals promote diversity without division. We strongly recommend following their Twitter accounts below.
As school board trustees we will
advocate for the following:
- We will remember that Americans are fortunate to live in one of the world's most successful, diverse, and multicultural societies. We will support policies which put an end to "critical social justice" political bias and activism in our public education. We categorically reject those ideological narratives which seek only to undermine the social fabric of American society.
- We would propose mandatory training for staff and board members on counter viewpoints to critical race theory, gender ideology, and related ideas. Critical race theory (CRT) in particular generates animosity, division, and ultimately hate. It actively promotes anti-semitism, anti-asian, and anti-caucasian racism to name a few, while simultaneously infantilizing people of colour and indigenous communities. CRT has no place in America's multicultural public education systems.
- We will end all hiring and promotion practices designed to meet diversity quotas. Instead we will ensure that teachers are hired strictly based on merit and competence regardless of their skin colour or other identity markers.
- We will support an emerging proposed alternative to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI), which we call Merit, Fairness, and Equality (MFE), that aims to deliver on the promise initially made by DEI, namely unbiased selection. MFE acknowledges that biases may affect a selection process and seeks to eliminate them, but maintains a strict meritocratic framework where every candidate is treated equally and fairly. Critically, MFE is concerned primarily with establishing fair processes, and would never try to enforce quotas or race preferences, nor would it restrict speech as DEI often does. In summary, MFE delivers on the promise that DEI made but cannot accomplish: it would reduce bias and lead to a fairer system, while maintaining strict academic standards, promoting freedom of expression, and advancing the core mission of public education.
- We will end the practice of commenting on political, social or cultural issues through social media or press releases.
- We will suspend all school support programs or 3rd party consultants that target particular groups of students based on their identity characteristics including race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, etc. With notable exceptions aimed at supporting students with disabilities, we will only support programs which "lift all boats" and benefit all students.
- We will advocate to make the FAIR Statement of Principles the guiding principles for developing the culture of public education. Parents... it's worth checking out! FAIR can offer positive, pro-human alternatives to the divisive diversity training school programs that seem to be everywhere. Programs like FAIR in Education, which offer pro-human ways to learn about race and racism, can inspire people to continue moving forward rather than backwards. FAIR can become a positive counterpoint to partisan politics and give people in the middle a home.
- We would support removing all Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion programs if we deem them to be rooted in illiberal, critical social justice based narratives. Let's unite our children... not divide them.
- We will support Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion programs which teach unity rather than division. The "Theory of Enchantment", and the "Moral Courage College" are arguably representative of the gold standard in this area.
- Rather than teach students resentment let's teach them gratitude. Sometimes a simple change of mindset can encourage your children to do amazing things!